Monday, November 10, 2014

Why it's important to import everything . . .

              
      A year and a half ago, Meredyth and I went to Atlantic City to play in a 9-ball tournament. Being a combination of over packers, and photographers, we brought our cameras, different lenses, fresh batteries, tripod etc. I made sure we didn't forget anything. . . until we got to the tournament in AC, realizing that I had forgotten one major item. . . a memory card. Now with my 24mp full frame camera, very sharp 24-70mm lens, and fresh batteries, I couldn't take one picture. Luckily, I found a 500mb memory card in a small pocket in my camera bag. 500mb is not very much at all, even if I shot all jpegs, and even worse if I shot in raw. 

     Fast forward to last week, and after rearranging our studio, I came across that little 500mb memory card of some photos I shot in AC that weekend, and once we had gotten home from AC that weekend, I put it away, and never touched it. So, last week, I imported the small amount of photos that were on it, and this is one that I found. I shot this photo of a sunset on the rooftop balcony of Meredyth's Aunt Sue, and her husband Steve's home by the shore in Tuckerton Nj. 

      Lesson here is, try not to forget about importing anything you've taken, weather or not you photographed all day, or took only a few, you can't fully apprecitate your efforts, until you see your end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment